2011 is Making Me Twitchy

Lost in the snowI think that 2010 was one of the best years of my life. It was the year I got LASIK so now I can see. It was the year I got to sail around the British Virgin Island with my husband. I got a significant promotion at my job at the beginning of the year. I ran two half marathons, one in New York City and one at night in and around Walt Disney World.

I also got to accidentally be a part of the viral-ness of the internet with a ‘phenomenon’ that landed our garage all over the internet, on Ellen and had it’s own segment on Leno (so weird).

I got to travel to places like Austin, New Orleans, Denver and back to Cozumel. I got to do some really cool things with my friends and family and everyone, including the dogs, are happy and healthy.

2010 was a great year!

Does anyone else sit back and realize how good things are going and then start to freak out that something is going to go wrong? or is that just me?

2011 started with a bang but I can’t remember another time in my life that I felt so close to the pivot point where you know everything is going to change. I am so, so excited for what happens. 91% is totally ready but the other 9% is completely freaking out. These are all changes we have been working towards but it appears, they are all going to fall inline at the same time. At this point, I can’t even tell you where the chips will land.

Adam is in the process of applying to medical schools. Applications are in and now we wait as he goes to interviews. In the next few months we will know how that plays out. Come this September, he will be in school in Biddeford, or Boston, or someplace else, or retaking the MCATs. He will either be in a DO or MD program. We won’t really know until it all happens.

Work is going at ludicrous speed. We just received a grant to finish up our online suite of internet marketing tools. We have lots of stuff happening, really fast. All things that we have been working very hard on to make happen. We are adding new, really smart, talented staff, we may move our office to another location in town and it is go-time. No more talking and planning but now we are doing.

Looking forward at 2011 we have a lot of change, a lot of travel, a lot of fun and a lot of growing. Sounds terrifying and exciting, doesn’t it?

4 Replies to “2011 is Making Me Twitchy”

  1. This is such a great topic, and a worthy exercise. All I know offhand is that 2010 was an amazing whirlwind, but when I slow down and review it like this, I’ll probably find some significant stuff.
    Hope you guys move the office downtown! 🙂

  2. Amanda Pants (as you’re referred to at Blue Sky Factory),

    Congratulations on starting your own blog! I just read all 3 of your posts, and actually have comments for each, so I decided to throw all of my random thoughts on this one.

    1. Totally agree with you about wanting to start your own blog, but not knowing exactly what your theme, purpose, etc, will be. I’m playing around with these things in my own mind now.

    2. On Ellen?? Do tell!

    3. I am also a runner, and my dad used to run as well (before two hip replacements). He always said that he needed therapy thanks to running. I am his mini-me in many ways, and this thought is no different. It is about the only thing that helps clear my mind, and I am a much happier person because of it!

    Happy running, happy blogging, and congratulations again! I look forward to reading more from you.

    Amy G

  3. Hi Amy! Thanks for checking it out.
    Yea, I have no IDEA where we are going here, but we will see what happens. So far, so good.

    Ellen AND Leno! That is a private conversation. I will send you a message on Facebook, I am not sure I have your email. I guess that means you are going to have to log into your Facebook account 🙂

    Yea, this running thing has really been helpful. We should try to find a race to do together. Any interest in that half in NYC in April?

    Thanks again! I’ll keep an eye out for when you start your blog!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s