Some things I stink at:
- Managing money – always think I can move this here and that there… and it never works
- Accepting compliments – Nice person: Pretty shirt – Me: ‘Eh it was only $5 and there is a rip in the side
- Cars/Engines – too many words and parts and stuff
- Those damn metal brain teaser things – why do people think those small torture devices are fun?!
- Self promotion – Please don’t look at me… look at them!
- Being on film or having my picture taken – I go from normal person to stiff, sweaty fembot with awkward facial expressions in less than a millisecond
There are obviously a few more I could add (I’m sure my husband could lend a few ideas too) but you get the point. So with this list of unskills, I may have failed to mention that I have been working with WMTW 8 (local ABC channel) on a weekly Tech Trends report with Erin Ovalle. They air at about 7:15am on Saturday mornings.
If you miss them on-air, some of them are also online for your viewing and snickering pleasure.
Here are the ones that I can currently find online:
- Keeping Up With Changes in Technology – Very first one… be nice
- What is Roku?
- Daily Deal Sites – Living Social and Groupon
- How Dances with Dogs Uses Technology to Market Their Business – Yes, I learned my lesson about patterned shirts
Working with Erin has been great. I look forward to getting better at these (I hate not being good at things) and I am really excited to share with people some of the cool things local businesses are doing with technology. I am a lucky girl and like with running or overcoming obstacles, I know that trying something new and uncomfortable will only make me stronger.
If you have ideas for topics Erin and I should cover or a local business using technology in a neat way that we should feature, please let me know!